Saturday, October 10, 2015

A Peek Into My Sketch Book Pt. 2

Welcome to Part 2! I'm gonna show you some more of my drawings. :) I was going to post some fall themed projects, but I just realized that It's been almost three weeks since I last posted, and I didn't want to keep you all waiting any longer. So, here is a drawing post for you. :)
I hope what you see in this post inspires you to always practice your drawing skills, even if you think they're horrible. :D If you would like to see more drawings, take a look at Pt. 1.
Okay, so let's get started!

Rapunzel: February 23rd, 2015

This is a copy of something I saw on Pinterest. I think the head should be more upturned, but I think it's a nice job besides that. I was tempted to color this one, but I didn't dare take the chance of messing up the pencil when it turned out so nice!

Junior: February 12, 2013

 When I was younger (like 3 years younger haha), I used to love watching those little drawing tutorials that came with our Veggie Tales DVDs. This was one of those. My drawing books are full of veggies from the show because of those little tutorials, so I couldn't possibly show you them all. The only problem is that there are no more new tutorials left for me to do. It's like I've done them all!

Owl: 2014
Just a random owl sketch. :) I didn't spend too much time on this one. The eyes look kind of creepy. I would like to do a better owl drawing sometime. I think if I really focused on doing a good job it would turn out nice.

Compass Rose and Map: January 20th, 2015
 This is another drawing from my Draw To Learn book. The passage was Proverbs 9:7-12, so they told me to draw a subject from school. I wanted to do a little more than just draw stacks of schoolbooks everywhere so I tried to elaborate and drew a Compass Rose and part of a map to represent Geography. I tried to smudge my pencil lines a little bit on the right side to make the paper of the map look old and worn. It looks a little too smudgy for me but I think it's a nice drawing. :)

Butterfly: May 14th, 2012

 Like you've probably noticed, I think drawing sunsets is pretty fun. :) All you do is blend colors! So, I just drew this from the back of my head one day, and it turned out pretty cute. I learned a tree drawing tip from an artist once: Just draw bumpy green silhouettes at the bottom and they will always look like trees. :) Works pretty good!

Lucille Ball: December 20th, 2014

 Some of you probably know that Lucille Ball is one of my favorite classic actresses. So, I wanted to try drawing her, because I knew I needed to be practicing drawing people. I was trying to copy this picture:

I guess you can tell it's Lucy, but I think my drawing is missing some soul. If you compare my drawing with the picture, you can tell that mine just doesn't have that deep feeling. So, that's one of the things I need to work on when I draw people. Make 'em look like people, not statues. Also, I think I needed to draw a little darker. :P

Ok, so that's it for today! I hope looking at my drawings have made you see that you are definitely not the worst drawer in the world. :) Just keep drawing, and yours will get better and better! BTW, if you want some more drawing inspiration, you can check out my board for it on Pinterest.
That's all, I hope you have a great day!
-Phoebe

4 comments:

  1. LUCY. You did just about perfectly on her!!!!
    Oh, and Rapunzel is absolutely adorable too. :)
    Love, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana:
    Thank you! I DO wish I would have drawn Lucy a little darker though. I had trouble getting her to show up in the picture.
    But I had a lot of fun drawing Rapunzel! :]
    -Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!:) These are great. Esp. the one of Lucille Ball and Rapunzel:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elodie:
    Thank you! :D I love drawing. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...