Saturday, October 31, 2015

My Craft Storage

Ok... so my craft supplies were all over my room. And I mean ALL OVER MY ROOM. Every time I bought something new, I would place it in a random spot around my room (partly because I had nowhere to put it, and partly because I like to look at the pretty things I buy for a few days while they're still 'new'). I'm a generally organized person, so I didn't want my 'neat' reputation to be spoiled by having craft junk laying everywhere.
So there was a photo box sale, and I was desperately in need. I had some extra money, so...


This is now what my closet looks like. And my desk is clean. And so is my dresser. Yay.
BTW, and that thing on the top right of the box pile? That's a bag of fluff. Don't worry about it.

At first, I thought that I would be able to tell what's in all of my beautiful boxes just by looking at the different patterns.... but no. I couldn't remember what's in them. And so the lables.
Here are the things I keep in the boxes:


My postage stamps! As you can see, I have been collecting old and new stamps for quite some time. I've thought about keeping them in an album, but that just sound like too much trouble to put each and every one in a certain organized place whenever I get a new one. So, I just put the date on the back, and toss it in here. :)


My nail art supplies. And these are just supplies. Like brushes, and cotton rounds, and glitter, and dotting tools, and sponges, and other random nail things. I used to keep my polish in a photo box as well, but my collection outgrew it so I had to buy a bigger box for it, which I keep on my shelf. See here:


Anyways.


My sewing stuff. Not fabric, or scraps, or patterns, but the bare necessities. Scissors, a pincushion, buttons, some elastic and ribbon, and other things like that. Oh, do you like my new Fall-y pincushion? :)


Now this:


My cards. I do make a lot of cards, I do. And yet, I can't resist an occasional pack of pretty note cards every once in awhile, even though I could make my own super easily. Homemade or store-bought, I keep it all in here. Oh, and there's some seed packets that I randomly threw in this box. Forget-me-nots, I believe.


My American Girl Doll clothes and accessories! :D I simply adore dolls, and American Girl Dolls in particular. I've been making a lot of doll clothes lately (including the pink and white one my Julie is wearing in the pictures above), and so I needed a box because I was just stashing all the clothes and things into a bag in my closet, which wasn't working at ALL.


Random craft stuff. I needed a place to put my newest craft supplies before I use them. As you see, most of this stuff is still in packages. It's all the little things that I still need to work on.
I do think this is probably the prettiest box. Or the most whimsical. C'est si bon!


My SMALL fabric squares. Every time I buy a small amount of fabric (for doll clothes or pouches or whatever...), I keep it in this box. I used to just set the squares on my dresser, but after awhile things got crowded, so the box really cleaned things up.


My stickdoll stuff! For a stickdoll, you need googly eyes, glue, yarn, popsicle sticks... and other... stuff.
:) I used to keep this in a bag in my closet too. :) But the box is SOOO much better.

So that's how I store my craft stuff.
Photo boxes are GREAT because they hold a reasonable amount of stuff, you can put labels on them, and still they're sooo pretty!
-Phoebe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...