Friday, August 14, 2015

How To Beat Glitter Polish

Do you ever see those gorgeous sparkling manicures, and wish you could do them on your nails, but you don't because that chunky glitter will be murder to take off? Fortunately, there's a way to make your glitter dreams come true without a problem! Today, I will be sharing it with you. :)

In case you want to know, the glitter polish I have here is O.P.I. 'You Pink Too Much'.

You will need:
  • Nail Polish Remover
  • Tacky Glue (I'm just using what I have but you can use Elmer's if you like)
  • A bottle of old (or ugly) nail polish
  • Q-tips
  • Water

The first thing you're going to do is empty the bottle of nail polish. Please be warned that it is NOT safe to throw away liquid polish. I normally pour mine onto a paper plate, and put  it in a high place (if you have kids around) until the polish is solidified, then it's safe to throw away.


Once you've emptied your bottle of polish, pour some of your nail polish remover into the polish bottle. I normally put about 2 teaspoons worth into the bottle, but you don't have to measure... just fill it up about halfway. Then, you want to close the lid (tightly) and shake it for all you're worth until it looks like this:


As you can see, there is hardly no polish sticking to the sides of the bottle.
Now you can empty the remover onto a paper towel, and throw it away when it's dry.

Even though shaking can take care of most of the polish, there's always some left sticking or dried to the cap, and the screw part. You don't want any left, so this is where the Q-tips come in handy. Dip them in remover, and scrub away any remaining polish inside your bottle.


Clean the cap as best you can too.
When your bottle is completely clean, take your tacky glue and fill the bottle about half full with it.


Then you want to put some water in. Not too much, about the same amount as your glue. And shake it real good to mix it up.


Then, of course, you have to test it on your nails. You don't want it too thick or too thin, so add a little more glue, or water, until it paints on your nails just like polish. When you have it the way you want it, paint it on your nails, before any polish.


When it's completely dry, you can put your base coat, your base color, and then your glitter on.


It will stay on as long as any other polish, and when you're ready to take it off, you don't even need to use polish remover. You just peel it off... which is oddly satisfying, if you're the kind of person who likes to pick at your nail polish a few days after you paint them.




So there you have it! Don't forget to label your new glue polish so you don't mistake it for white.


I hope you have as much luck with this technique as I did! :)

NOTE: This is definitely NOT my own original idea. I have seen this several places before, and since it worked so well for me, I decided to share with you. Thanks!
-Phoebe

5 comments:

  1. That is brilliant.
    Btw, do you have any tricks for drying nail polish? We have so many cute polishes that are drying up and I have no idea how! I try not to leave them open very long, and I shut them as tightly as I can when I put them away, but the next time I get them out, there they are, all clumpy and thick and nasty. Makes me mad. >:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should try putting some nail polish remover in it, then shake it. It may work!;)

      Delete
  2. Well, that is a problem. What kind of nail polish do you normally use? If it's a cheaper kind, like the ones you get for a dollar, they probably won't work well no matter what you do with them. But, if it's not that, then there is some nail polish thinner you can buy online (though I've never tried it).. but as far as 'home remedies', I don't have much fer ya. Try using a different kind of polish. I normally use Sinful Colors, or Essie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I have a couple cheap ones. But I do have some Sinful Colors, which I like. So I'll try to stick with those. :/ Thanks anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome. :) If I ever find a solution, I will probably post about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...