Sunday, July 19, 2015

My First Post! Vintage Roses and Dots Nail Art

Hello everyone! This is my very first post, so I'm going to try to give a good first impression of myself. :)
I started doing nail art about two years ago. I saw some cute designs on Pinterest and thought: "I could totally do some of these".  I kept on learning and now here I am writing my own DIY for you.
Today I'm going to show you a cute design with roses and polka dots. Lets get started!


This is your finished result. ;)


Materials:
  • A medium-sized dotting tool (if you don't have one, you can use the round end of a sewing pin. The tool I have is by Martha Stewart and I got it at Michael's).
  • A toothpick (or a nail striper, if you have one. I'll be using a toothpick today).
  • Some pieces of scrap paper (to drip polish on).



 Polishes: 
  • Teal: Essie, Mint Candy Apple 
  • Light Pink: Wet n Wild 'Wild Shine', Tickled Pink
  • Medium Pink: Sinful Colors, Pink Forever
  • White: Sinful Colors, Snow Me White
  • Green: Sinful Colors, Innocent
  • Dark Green: Sinful Colors, Happy Ending
  • Your favorite Base Coat and Top Coat (I'm using Avon Nail Experts Color Shield Top Coat, and Avon Nail Experts Gel Strength Base Coat).

 Remember: Always wait for each color of polish to dry thoroughly! It will smudge later if you don't.

After adding your topcoat, you're going to paint two coats of your teal color on every one of your nails. 

Such a cute color, no? 

 Get out your white color and put some on a piece of scrap paper, like this.  From now on, you will be doing this with all of your polish colors.




With your dotting tool (or pin), dip it into the polish to make some white dots on all of your nails except for the ring finger and thumb.

It's pretty cute just like this, actually. :)

 Next, you're going to get your medium pink color, and your dotting tool. 


See? Just drip it on with your brush.

 With the dotting tool, your going to make random pink blobs all over your ring fingernail and thumbnail. Make sure to leave room for some tiny leaves. 

Don't crowd the nails with too many pink blobs, ok?

When your blobs are completely dry, get your light pink color, and a toothpick. Dip the tip of the toothpick into the polish, and paint random, curly lines on the blobs. 



Do this on all of them. 



Now you're going to get your light green, and your toothpick (you can just use the other tip). 
Using it the same way you did for the pink, you're going to draw on some little leaves all around the roses. 

We're almost done!

When that's dry, take you dark green and, with the toothpick, paint on little lines at the edges of your light green leaves. This will make them look more realistic, and the leaves will pop more. See?


Sorry that it's kind of fuzzy. I need to get a better camera. :P


See how much prettier the dark green makes it? I would never use that dark green color as a solid on my nails, it's just ugly to me. But don't throw away your ugly polishes! Use them for little accents, like this, to make your manicures look great. 

Put on the top coat, and we're all done! :D

Cute, right?

Thank you so much for reading this, and I hope you like the manicure!  I can't wait to write many, many more posts for you guys. I've always wanted to share some of my ideas, and now I can finally do it. :) I hope you will check back again soon! 
-Phoebe








2 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful, darling! I love roses, so i want to *try* and do this sometime. :)
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you, Diana! :D How did I know you would be the first one to read this? :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...